Doughnuts and Discounts – Changes to Medicare Part D under the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018
Julie M. Donohue, PhD, and Haiden A. Huskamp, PhD
New England Journal of Medicine, May 24, 2018
Discounted Drugs for Needy Patients and Hospitals — Understanding the 340B Debate
Walid F. Gellad, MD, MPH, and A. Everette James, JD, MBA
New England Journal of Medicine, February 8, 2018
Accelerated Approval and Expensive Drugs — A Challenging Combination
Walid F. Gellad, MD, MPH, and Aaron S. Kesselheim, MD, JD, MPH
New England Journal of Medicine, May 25, 2017
Addressing the Opioid Epidemic in the United States: Lessons From the Department of Veterans Affairs
Walid F. Gellad, MD, MPH, Chester B. Good, MD, MPH, and David J. Shulkin, MD
JAMA Internal Medicine, May 2017
- Hernandez I, Sampathkumar S, Good CB, Kesselheim AS, Shrank WS. Changes in Drug Pricing After Drug Shortages in the United States. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2018 Sept 18.
- Theisen KM, Myrga JM, Hale N, Cochran G, Sewall C, Macleod LC, Jacobs BL, Davies BJ. Excessive Opioid Prescribing After Major Urologic Procedures. Urology. 2018 Aug 24.
- Lo-Ciganic W, Donohue J, Kim JY, Krans E, Jones B, Kelly B, James AE, Jarlenski M. Adherence trajectories of buprenorphine therapy among pregnant women in a large state Medicaid program in the United States. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2018;1–10.
- Hernandez I, Gellad WF, Good CB. Lowering the P Value Threshold. JAMA. 2018;320(9):935. doi:10.1001/jama.2018.8733
- Cochran G, Lo-Ciganic WH, Gellad WF, Gordon AJ, Cole E, Lobo C, Frazier W, Zheng P, Chang CH, Kelley D, Donohue JM.Cochran G, Lo-Ciganic WH, Gellad WF, Gordon AJ, Cole E, Lobo C, Frazier W, Zheng P, Chang CH, Kelley D, Donohue JM. Prescription Opioid Quality Measures Applied Among Pennsylvania Medicaid Enrollees. J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2018 Sep;24(9):875-885.
- Hernandez I, He M, Zhang Y. Comparing state, regional, and local variation in concurrent opioid and benzodiazepine use. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2018 Oct;191(9):141-144.
- Sowicz TJ, Gordon AJ, Gellad WF, Zhao X, Zhang H, Emmendorfer T, Good CB. High Variability of Opioid Prescribing Within and Across Emergency Departments in the US Veterans Health Administration. J Gen Intern Med. 2018 Jul 23. doi: 10.1007/s11606-018-4588-2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hernandez I, He M, Brooks MM, Zhang Y. Exposure-Response Association Between Concurrent Opioid and Benzodiazepine Use and Risk of Opioid-Related Overdose in Medicare Part D Beneficiaries. JAMA Network Open. 2018;1(2):e180919. doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2018.0919
- Anderson, T.S., Good, C.B. & Gellad, W.F. Industry Payments to Academic Physicians: a Comparison of Reporting to Two Government Agencies. J Gen Intern Med (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-018-4527-2
- Donohue, JM, Huskamp, HA. Doughnuts and Discounts – Changes to Medicare Part D under the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018. NEJM. 2018 May 24, 1957-1960.
- Hernandez I, Prasad V, Gellad WF. Total Costs of Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-Cell Immunotherapy. JAMA Oncol. 2018 Apr 26. doi: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2018.0977. [Epub ahead of print]
- Anderson, TS, Lo-Ciganic, WH, Gellad, WF, Zhang, R, Huskamp, HA, Choudhry, NK, Chang, CH, Richards-Shubik, S, Guclu, H, Jones, B, Donohue, JM. Patterns and predictors of physician adoption of new cardiovascular drugs. Healthcare. 2018 Mar;6(1):33-40.
- Radomski TR, Bixler FR, Zickmund SL, Roman KM, Thorpe CT, Hale JA, Sileanu FE, Hausmann LRM, Thorpe JM, Suda KJ, Stroupe KT, Gordon AJ, Good CB, Fine MJ, Gellad WF. Physicians' Perspectives Regarding Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Use Within the Department of Veterans Affairs: a Multi-State Qualitative Study. J Gen Intern Med. 2018 Mar 8. doi: 10.1007/s11606-018-4374-1. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gellad, WF, James AE. Discounted Drugs for Needy Patients and Hospitals - Understanding the 340B Debate. NEJM. 2018 Jan 24, Epub ahead of print. doi: 10.1056/NEJMp1716139.